Comgenie's Awesome File Manager
|Initial Release||Sept 2010|
|Firmware Version||3.15 , 3.41, 3.55, 4.21|
The most simple and well known file manager released.
|D-Pad to navigate (up/down to navigate through files, left/right to switch the active directory listing).|
|X to navigate into a directory|
|O to copy the selected file (no directory) to the inactive directory listing.|
| to delete the selected file.|
|/\ for about|
|L1 to create a new folder|
|R1 to rename the current file/folder|
- Not possible to copy/delete any files with spaces in it - When copying things to the External USB, the files are marked as system files. Windows will not display them unless you turn them on as explained here.
Help, My files i copied to the external drive are not visible on my pc?
The files are marked as system files, which windows default hides. Go to Tools > Folder options and disable the following option:
Help, It won't copy
On the screen you'll see 2 directory listings. The yellow one is your 'active' one. You can browse through them with the D-PAD and enter directories with the X. When you press the copy button, the selected file or directory will be copied to the other current folder of the other directory listing. So make sure the other directory listing is always in the correct folder (index of /dev_usb000 for your external drive).
Also an important note: Be careful! It is a very dangerous tool if you don't know what you're doing. We are not responsible in any way!
Update in 0.06
- Added move support for faster moving files/directories instead of copy/delete.
- Added very basic LUA support (only string/math libs + echo function). Expect much more functions to be supported in next releases
- Several fixes for (again) people with different screens
Update in 0.05
- 0.05b hotfix: Longer names than 10 characters are now supported
- Added Confirmation Windows to prevent accidently copy and delete.
- Added filesize information
- Added Comgenie's Awesome Filesplitter (Windows) (.NET framework 2.0 is required!).
- Added Creation of new folders
- Added Renaming of files/folders
- More fixes for different screens
- Color highlight of the selected file
Update in 0.04
- Fix for different (SD) screens (bigger text on lower resolutions). Now the top bar is visible and text is always readable
- Added a copying progress text (which also fixed the hanging!)
- Added retrying on I/O errors while copying
- Added an about text
- Fixed several other minor bugs
Update in 0.03
- Added Scrolling
- Added Non-empty folder deletion
- Added a security option (Normal Mode/Advanced mode) where normal mode will only allow write access in /usb_dev and /usb_hdd0/game.
- Added the ability to backup up files over 4GB to external (explanation below)
- Fixed a hang-bug with folders with many files
Update in 0.02
- You can now also copy directories, and delete empty directories!
- The copying speed is also improved! (From external to internal i copied 8.11GB in 15 minutes).