Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release date[edit | edit source]
02 Aug 2012 (Build Date)
August 28, 2012 (Release Date)
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Users can now control the home screen, as well as some applications like [Music] and [Video], with the PS Vita system's buttons.
- Notification settings under [Sound & Display Settings] have been moved to their own [Notification Settings] menu.
- The items under [Date & Time] > [Date & Time Settings] have been changed.
- A Japanese keyboard has been added.
- Memory cards are now locked to PSN accounts, to prevent users from switching between accounts. The system will refuse to accept a memory card locked to another account unless the memory card is reformatted.
- The layout of category lists have been improved in [Photos], [Music], and [Videos].
- The [Notification Center] has been redesigned.
- Importing content from a PC or PlayStation 3 has been improved.
- The [Help] feature of the LiveArea has been improved.
- Icons for some menu items have been changed.
- Users can now report some errors to Sony Computer Entertainment.
- Background colors have been changed.
- Remote Play
- Added [Cross-Controller] feature to allow the PS Vita system to interact as a secondary controller with a PlayStation 3 system.
- Users can now play select [PSone Classics] from the [PlayStation Store].
- Users can now map more combinations of PSP system buttons to the PS Vita right analog stick when playing PSP games or minis. In addition, users can also map a PSP system button to each of the four corners of the PS Vita system touch screen.
- [Import Saved Data] has been added to the LiveArea screen. This will only be shown for games that support this feature.
- The MPO format can now be viewed on the PS Vita system. Additionally, it is now possible to transfer MPO files using a PlayStation 3 or PC using Content Manager. 3D and multi-angle viewing are not supported.
- Playlists in iTunes (10.6.3 or later), M3U, and M3U8 formats are now supported in [Music].
- Playlists can also be transferred from a PS3 system.
- Playback speed control and repeat play have been added to [Video].
- When moving the progress bar during video playback, it now shows the image of the specified location in the video.
- A thumbnail for videos will now be generated automatically when there is no thumbnail information available.
- Users can now copy photos or videos to a PC or PS3 while a photo or video is displayed.
- Users can now delete multiple friend requests simultaneously.
- [near] can now gather information of surrounding Wi-Fi access points without an Internet connection and will update location data based on this information at a later time.
- The LiveArea screen for [near] has been improved and now shows lifetime statistics.
- Group Messaging
- There have been layout improvements made to [Group Messaging].
- Users can now take photos using the camera to add as attachments in [Group Messaging].
- The [New Message] button on the [Group Messaging] LiveArea screen has been removed.
- [Maps] has been improved by adding a button to the top of the screen to switch between [Search for Location] and [Search for Directions]. Users can also touch and hold a location on the map to place a flag.
- The use of the rear touchpad for scrolling and zooming is now supported in the [Browser].
- A button has been added to the [Browser] to immediately go to the top of the page.
- Users can now view a history of up to 100 chat messages and information in [Party].
Download[edit | edit source]
pre-install 01.000.000[edit | edit source]
systemdata 01.000.010[edit | edit source]
release 01.800.000[edit | edit source]
PUP Hashes[edit | edit source]
MD5:: | SHA1:: | CRC32::2332600993 | CRC16:: | HMAC_SHA1::
PUP Information[edit | edit source]