What data do we collect?
The devwiki collects the following data:
- Anonymous website usage statistics such as page view count, geolocation based on IP, scrolls, outbound clicks, site search, video engagement, and file download statistics via Google Analytics.
- Registration information (username, hashed and salted password, real name if provided) and any information you add to the website via editing pages.
- No personally identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc) is collected unless explicity given by you during registration.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the devwiki with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online.
- View a page.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
The devwiki collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account.
- Track anonymous usage statistics for web traffic analysis.
Your data will never be shared with third parties aside from anonymous statistics being sent to the Google Analytics platform for the devwiki administrators' exclusive use.
How do we store your data?
The devwiki securely stores your registration data in the site database. Passwords are salted and hashed to provide security.
Website usage statistics are forwarded anonymously to Google Analytics for statistic analyisis by the devwiki administrators.
The devwiki will keep your data for an indefinite period of time. You may request that your account be deleted and any registration related data will be removed.
The devwiki will not send your information about products or services. No external organizations will receive your data outside of what is publically viewable on your profile User Page.
What are your data protection rights?
The devwiki would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to see your publicly displayed data you have contributed on your User Page by clicking on your username in the upper-right corner of the website while logged in.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the devwiki correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the devwiki to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the devwiki erase your registration data and any other personal information you may have voluntarily added to the website under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The devwiki uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – The devwiki uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The devwiki sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: the [email protected]
Message us on reddit at: /u/Derf_Jagged
Message us on Discord at: @Derf#9562
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that the devwiki has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113