System Software Update 1.10
- You can now use PlayStation®Network services.
- You can now use the single tap text entry method on the on-screen keyboard for English and other European languages.
- [Audio CD Output Frequency] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
- [Enable ATRAC] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
- [Cross Color Reduction Filter] has been added as a feature under [Display Settings].
- [After 5 Minutes] has been added as an option to [Screensaver] under [Display Settings].
- You can now select [Full Screen] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*.
- An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.
- You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
- You can now download the following types of content under [PlayStation®Store].
- PlayStation®3 format software
- PlayStation®Network titles
- The term "PlayStation®Network titles" refers to PlayStation® format games (PS one) downloaded from PlayStation®Store and PSP format games distributed electronically.
- Simplified and traditional Chinese characters can now be displayed under [Internet Browser].
- [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature.
- The method of calculating hard disk capacity has been changed.
- Free space on the hard disk is calculated as 1 GB (1024 x 1024 x 1024) = approx. 1,073,740,000 bytes. As a result, the free space value displayed may be less than the value that is mentioned under specifications in the product documentation. You can check hard disk free space under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Information].
- Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.