Release model product code: CUH-1000A
size: 30.5cm x 27.5cm x 5.3cm
- Main Processor (APU):
PS4 Xbox One WiiU PC:
GeForce GTX 790
Radeon HD 8970
Notes Compute Units 18 12 5 96 96 32 Unified Shaders 1152 768 320 4992 4992 2048 Texture Mapping Units TMU 72 48 16 Render Output Units ROP 32 16 8 416 480 peak shader throughput (TFLOPS) 1.84 1.23 0.351 2.9 (SP) / 8 (DP) 4.3
- there was some mention of 30K polygon count in historical reference of how detailed the renderings will be, but if you crosscheck it with other references it is just empty marketing phrasing.
- Controller : 40 bits per channel, with 8bit error correcting (32bit RAW)
- Modules: 8GB unified GDDR5 RAM @ 5500MHz in ?x?=256bit configuration / 8x32bit channels -> 176Gbit/s bandwidth
- note: 2.5GB of RAM will be reserved/used by the system, leaving 4.5GB for Content/Games and 1GB of Flexible memory.
PS4 Xbox One WiiU Notes Total size 8GB 8GB 2GB Address-ability unified unified unified Configuration / Bus-width ?x?=256bit 16x16bit=256bit 4x16bit=64bit Channels 8x32bit 4x64bit ?1x64bit? Module Type GDDR5 DDR3 DDR3 Speed (effective) 5500 2133 1600 Cache - 32MB 6-T eSRAM
- Bandwidth (Gbit/s) 176 68.3 12.8 System Reserved / Application+Game Free (GB) / Flexible Memory 2.5 / 4.5 / 1 3 / 4 / - 1 / 1 / - Flexible Memory is used by games and games only, the OS cannot use it.
- MediaCon (accompany processor for background tasks)
- Harddrive storage built-in (competition Xbox One uses 2.5mm SATA 500GB HDD)
PS4 Xbox One WiiU Notes Internal 500GB HDD
- Optical drive, BD 6xCAV / DVD 8xCAV (8.5MB/s)
- USB 3.0
- Aux (for PlayStation 4 Eye)
- HDMI Out (competition Xbox One also features HDMI Input)
- Analog-AV out (backwards compatible with ancient PS1/PS2/PS3 MultiAV) second pressreleases removed all mention and console presentation did not show AV_Multi connector
- Digital audio output: TOSLINK (optical)
- C7/C8 coupler? 
Wireless / Networking
WiFi on E3
Knowing the WiiU loses connection easily with its 5G wifi, how does the wifi on PS4 relate on a crowded environment? :
WiFi on E3 - picture by http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/11/seen-e3-a-console-war-joke-in-wi-fi-form/
"Always On" feature
There seem to be no requirement for a continious internet connection (ofcourse unless you want to use services that require them, like PSN/SEN, online mediaservices, share button etc.).
Same requirements as WiiU - while in the Xbox field there was some discussion about the need of it. See also : http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/microsoft-exec-stirs-controversy-always-xbox-twitter-tirade-173337715.html
Comparison With PS3 Slim