Lv2 Platform identifier in bootroms
This is a collection of the list with platform_id strings that can be found in old bootroms
I would like to suggest to keep this list clean, avoiding adding any association with motherboards or PS3 models, to help keeping open mind, and trying to not bringing here posible "mistakes" from other wiki pages or any internet source to avoid taking things as "facts". Also, consider sony itself could have made some "mistake" or breking his own naming convention, as example labeling a prototype with a sticker telling "cytology" but returning "shreck" in the syscall that shows the platform_id. If someone wants to add some speculation crete a section at bottom of this page and post it there --Sandungas (talk) 16:52, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
Shr1.0 Shr1.1 Shr1.2 Shr-1.3 Shr1.4 Shr1.5 Shr2.0 Shr2.1 Shr2.2 Shr2.3 Shr2.4 Shr2.5 Shr2.6 Shr3.0 Shr3.1 Shr3.2 Shr3.3 Shr4.0 Shr-4D ShrLC Cyt1.0 Cyt1.1 Cyt1.2 Cyt2.0 Cyt2.1 Cyt2.2 Cyt3.0 Cyt3.1 Cyt3.2 Cok01 Cok02 Cok03 Cok04 Cok05 Cok06 Cok07 Cok08 Cok09 Cok10 Cok11 Cok12 Cok13 Cok14
- Shr = Shreck (CEB-10XX)
- Cyt = Cytology (CEB-20XX, DEH-R10XX, DECR-1000X)
- Cok = Cookie (DEH-H10XX, CBEH-10XX, DECHA, CECHA)
- Cyt2.2 = DEH-R100X / DEH-R101X / DEH-R102X
- Cyt3.1 = DEH-R103X
- Cyt3.2 = DEH-R104X / DECR-1000X
- Cok14 = DEH-H1000X / CECHA
Trying to assing the codenames above with prototypes models...
- SHRECK V2 series ? - There is an interesting coincidence in some of the platform_id version numbers and the numbers used in prototypes PS3 models, crosscheck with the info in: SKU_Models_Nonretail#Prototype_models
- SHRECK V1 series ? - Following this same numbering theory... then the prototype models preceding are:
- Shr1.0 -> CEB-1000 ?
- Shr1.1 -> undocumented / never found (theorethically a CEB-1010)
- Shr1.2 -> CEB-1020 ?
- Shr-1.3 -> undocumented / never found (theorethically a CEB-1030)
- Shr1.4 -> undocumented / never found (theorethically a CEB-1040)
- Shr1.5 -> undocumented / never found (theorethically a CEB-1050)
- CYTOLOGY V1 series ? - Also, this method matches with some prototypes for reference tool:
CYTOLOGY V2 series ? - The numbers doesnt matches in this ones, but just because in the sequence are located inmediatly after the previous prototypes for reference tool (and for completionism):
With this theory all the groups are assigned, but the question that emerges is... what happens with the platform_id for shreck v3 series (Shr3.0 Shr3.1 Shr3.2 Shr3.3), and shreck v4 series (Shr4.0 Shr-4D ShrLC) ?