PS3 GPU DRM Driver
- You can stop reading here if you think DRM has something common with games or piracy :)
- We really need a proper GPU DRM driver for PS3.
- The problem is that Linux kernel DRM framework is very complex and not well documented.
Linux Kernel DRM Framework
- CRTC -> Encoder -> Connector
- PS3 has 2 connectors: HDMI and AV multi
- Use PS3 AV Manager to set resolution
- ps3av_cmd_video_get_monitor_info can be used to get current supported resolutions
- It seems that head A is connected to HDMI connector.
- Manages memory: video memory, GART memory and system memory.
- Nouveau DRM driver e.g. manages video memory globally per device. We cannot do it because each context has its own video memory.
- Create initial driver infrastructure (work in progress)
- Implement unaccelerated framebuffer console
- Add hardware acceleration to framebuffer console
- Implement IOCTLs for user-space applications
- Add PS3 GPU DRM support to libdrm and implement tests for it
- Implement X11 driver for PS3 GPU DRM
- Port some 3D open-source game to PS3 GPU DRM, e.g. quake or doom
PS3 Kernel Drivers