From PS4 Developer wiki
- PCI Express : Peripheral Component Interconnect Express, officially abbreviated as PCIe, is a computer expansion bus standard designed to replace the older PCI, PCI-X, and AGP bus standards.
- PCI-X : PCI-X, short for PCI-eXtended, is a computer bus and expansion card standard that enhances the 32-bit PCI Local Bus for higher bandwidth demanded by servers.
- pen drive : another name for a USB flash drive, a type of USB Mass Storage Device
- peripheral : a device attached to a host computer but not part of it, and is more or less dependent on the host. It expands the host's capabilities, but does not form part of the core computer architecture. Examples of computer peripherals: keyboard, mouse, USB drive, router, external SSD or HDD drive.
- personal computer : (PC) - any general-purpose computer whose size, capabilities, and original sales price make it useful for individuals, and which is intended to be operated directly by an end user, with no intervening computer operator
- Pfs : Perfect forward secrecy
- Piconet: Piconet is a network that is created using a wireless Bluetooth connection. A network of Piconets is a Scatternet
- PlayGo : PlayGo allows quicker start to supported games (need only a transferred portion of the game data).
- POST : Power-on self-test
- printer : a peripheral which produces a text or graphics of documents stored in electronic form, usually on physical print media such as paper or transparencies
- Privilege escalation : Privilege escalation is the act of exploiting a bug, design flaw or configuration oversight in an operating system or software application to gain elevated access to resources that are normally protected from an application or user.
- PROM : programmable read-only memory (PROM) or field programmable read-only memory (FPROM) or one-time programmable non-volatile memory (OTP NVM) is a form of digital memory where the setting of each bit is locked by a fuse or antifuse. Such PROMs are used to store programs permanently. The key difference from a strict ROM is that the programming is applied after the device is constructed.
- PS+ : PlayStation Plus is a subscribed membership for PSN, which gives members monthly free games, discounts, early access to betas and free trials
- PSGL : PSGL is a 3D computer graphics API based on OpenGL ES
- PSN : PlayStation Network, the online gaming network & online shop from Sony.
- PSP : PlayStation Portable, the portable console predecessor of the PS Vita
- PSP : Platform Security Processor, built-in die for ARM TrustZone to partition the processing of sensitive data
- PSU : (power supply unit) - A unit of the computer that converts mains AC to low-voltage regulated DC for the power of all the computer components