From PS4 Developer wiki
- R/B : Ready/Busy - control signal
- RAID : (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) - an umbrella term for computer data storage schemes that can divide and replicate data among multiple hard disk drives in order to increase reliability, allow faster access, or both
- race condition : A race condition or race hazard is the behavior of an electronic or software system where the output is dependent on the sequence or timing of other uncontrollable events. It becomes a bug when events do not happen in the order the programmer intended.
- RAM : Random-Access Memory, a form of computer data storage. Today, it takes the form of integrated circuits that allow stored data to be accessed in any order (i.e., at random)
- RC : In a PCI Express (PCIe) system, a Root Complex device connects the processor and memory subsystem to the PCI Express switch fabric composed of one or more switch devices.
- RE : Read Enable - control signal
- RESET : Reset - control signal
- Real mode : Real mode or real address mode
- RIV : Reset Initialization Vector, used with AES
- RNG : A Random Number Generator (RNG) is a computational or physical device designed to generate a sequence of numbers or symbols that lack any pattern or predictability, i.e. appear random.
- RNG attack : Random Number Generator attack
- ROM : (Read-Only Memory) - a class of storage media used in computers and other electronic devices
- ROM mark : ROM_Mark contains the Volume ID for decrypting AACS content. see also BCA
- ROP : Return-Oriented Programming is a computer security exploit technique that allows an attacker to execute code in the presence of security defenses such as non-executable memory and code signing
- RSA : RSA algorithm, see also RSA Key Extraction via Low-Bandwidth Acoustic Cryptanalysis
- RTC : Real-Time Clock