| This article is marked for rewrite/restructuring in proper wiki format.
You can help PS3 Developer wiki by editing it.
The info on this page is an extract (and simplify) of talk page, conversations and forum posts, please digest the info and move it to this page.
To merge on wiki:
See also PS Vita NPDRM and PSP NPDRM.
PS3 NPDRM SELF - SPRX decryption steps
Once that the user is trying to start a SELF - SPRX, the VSH looks for the Program Identification Header. If the Program Type is NPDRM, then the Supplemental Header Table NPDRM header is located. From this NPD header the VSH gets the #DRM Type.
If a Network DRM content is to be loaded, the VSH loads the act.dat and the .rif associated to the content (it will download .rif to VSH process memory).
For Local DRM content too, the VSH locates a file with the same CONTENT ID as in NPDRM header, then the signatures are checked (RIF offset 0x70 and act.dat offset 0x1010). Using the np_act_data_index_dec_key, it will decrypt the actdatIndex stored in RIF.
If a Free DRM (DRM type 3) content is detected then there is no license check, so no need for .rif/act.dat, and a generic klicensee klic_ps3_free will be used for further steps.
Then the execution passes to LV2 Syscall no 471 sys_npdrm_regist_ekc.
// is it titleID or content_id? int sys_npdrm_regist_ekc(uint32_t type, char* titleID, void* klicensee, uint8_t* actdat, uint8_t* rif, int32_t licenseType, uint8_t* magicVersion);
This function has different parameters depending on the #DRM Type:
- Local/Network DRM content:
sys_npdrm_regist_ekc(npd.type, &npd.titleID, NULL, &actdat.keyTable[rif.actDatIndex], &rif.key, npd.license, &npd);
- Free DRM content:
sys_npdrm_regist_ekc(npd.type, &npd.titleID, klic_ps3_free, NULL, NULL, npd.license, &npd);
The lv2 keeps a memory table with contentID and the associated klicensee:
- Local/Network DRM content: lv2 AES128 decrypts the encrypted klicensee from RIF by using NPDRM IDPS Seed, IDPS, act.dat and some other keys. Once transformed, klicensee is stored in a memory table.
- Free DRM content: lv2 copies the titleID and the generic klicensee (klic_ps3_free) to a memory table.
PS3 NPDRM EDAT decryption steps
See EDAT files.
A temporary name was "License type".
|0||Debug||Used in SDAT files.|
|1||Network||It requires network authentication every time the content is launched. See inability example.|
|2||Local||It requires first time activation online (paid content but also demo and free of charge content).|
|3||Free||On PS3, it does not require any license file nor console activation (act.dat).|
|0xD||"PS Vita Free" (guessed name)||Free but with license (.rif) requirement, unlike DRM Type 3.|
NPDRM contents decryption requires a key, the key licensee or klicensee. Depending on the content's DRM type, klicensee is got in different ways:
- DRM type Network: klicensee is generated using rif + ?to detail?
- DRM type Local: klicensee is generated using act.dat + associated rif + console's IDPS
- DRM type Free: klicensee is the constant PS3 Free klicensee (see NPDRM Keys and appldr keys)
- DRM type "PS Vita Free": maybe same as Local: to check.
Local DRM contents can also include free games/applications but require licensing check.
- Tools to convert RAP to klicensee: download links and usage